Amayzing Saddlery Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Amayzing Saddlery Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from October 1st 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Amayzing Saddlery Ltd., Unit 1, Riverpark Industrial Estate, Bridge Street, Linwood, PA3 3DW.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We at Amayzing Saddlery Ltd. are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Amayzing Saddlery Ltd. of Unit 1 Riverpark Industrial Estate, Bridge Street Linwood, PA33DW.
Information we may collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.amayzingsaddlery.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, book a saddle fitting or other service, place an order on our site or in our shop or by phone or email, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, physical information about yourself or your horse.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
We may use this information
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of information
We may share your personal information with any member of our company, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you eg. when we order a saddle to be made to your horse’s template for you.
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We and this website comply to the DPA (Data Protection Act 1998) and already complies to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). We will update this policy accordingly after the completion of the UK’s exit from the European Union.
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Some cookies are necessary and help make our website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Other cookies are used to help tailor your experience on our website to your interests. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
If there is a data breach, we will contact our database within 72 hours of having being notified of this at our end.
This website uses tracking software to monitor, anonymously, its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computers hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
If we collect any data from you it is only for the purpose of meeting your needs and it will be stated upon the point of the data entry what it shall be used for. For example, if you are making a booking we will require your name, email and possibly your contact telephone number in order to process your request. We will only use the data for the purpose it serves. We will not share this data with any 3rd party. Only individuals who are permitted to access this data will use it and use it only for the purpose it serves, for example booking an appointment or course. These individuals are aware of their responsibilities under the GDPR guidelines. Should you wish a copy of your data that we have or you wish us to delete your data you can contact us here and state your request. Please be aware that deletion of data may mean that we cannot process your request.
We do not collect or store any of your payment details on our website.
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been taken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, users are advised to verify their authenticity using third-party anti-virus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third-party downloads and downloads provided by external third-party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third-party anti-virus software or similar applications.
Users contacting us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely. We will not sell your data to any 3rd party.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you products/services information through a mailing list system. This is done in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above.
We operate an email mailing list program that is used to inform subscribers about products, services and/or news we supply/publish. Users can subscribe through a 2-step verification online automated process where they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named in ‘The policy’ above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages (or unsubscribe from all Mailchimp lists). The type and content of marketing messages subscribers receive, and whether it may contain third party content, is clearly outlined at the point of subscription.
Email marketing messages may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of subscriber data relating to engagement, geographic, demographics and already stored subscriber data.
Although we only look to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/ banner/image links to other websites, similar to; Inverness Things to Do or https://parliamenthouse-hotel.co.uk/.
Shortened URL’s; URL shortening is a technique used on the web to shorten URL’s (Uniform Resource Locators) to something substantially shorter. This technique is especially used in social media and looks similar to this (example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo). Users should take caution before clicking on shortened URL links and verify their authenticity before proceeding.
We cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and we cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Should you wish to see what data we hold about you on file (if applicable) or you wish us to delete any data we hold on then contact us here and state your request. Please be aware that deletion of data may mean that we cannot process your request eg. bookings, enquiries etc.